When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Saturday, November 1, 2014

Gratitude - Day 1

November is Thanksgiving and it is one of my favorite holidays of the year.  There is something about food that makes amazing memories.  This year, I want to focus on having gratitude for the tender mercies of my Heavenly Father.  I have so many blessings and I want to share a few of my thoughts.


Gratitude
Help us to see 
What is there,
Instead of
What isn't

My girls are amazing.  I am so thankful for them.  We have never spent a lot of money on costumes.  We usually make everything or outfit everyone with thrift store finds to become who they want to be.  All of my children have loved Halloween.  This year the girls made their own costumes and I did not even help.  They made their tutus and tied their shirts and painted their hats and glued on mustaches.  They had an amazing time, and that is what I think Halloween is all about.  Having fun.
I am not one of those people who goes crazy about the meaning behind the holiday.  To me, it is a family day.  It is a day to have fun and make caramel apples and just enjoy each other's company.  I am so grateful for these girls who make it easy to smile and laugh.  
I should say, that I am so thankful for each one of my children.  They all go overboard for halloween and have way too much fun!  Most of them make their own costumes.  I have one who sews elaborately inspired creations.  I love to see their individual takes on all of this.  
When the older kids were young, we never had money for store bought, and they had to use what they had around the house, or be a mailman.  That was the choice.  A couple of them had to be mailmen, and that was all it took.  After that, they managed to come up with amazing ideas!  
I am so very thankful for the memories that my children have given me.  When I see kids dressed up and having fun, it makes me laugh.  I am laughing at all the times we did the same things.  I am laughing at the robots and the hedgehogs, and the potato sacks.  I am laughing at the memories.  


1 comment:

  1. I think that you are enjoying the fun moments of Halloween. I love the picture and the costumes! Blessings~

    ReplyDelete