When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Becoming Like Him - Day 8 - Say

For my 31 days of writing, I am linking up over at Heading Home and over at the Nester. There are several of us that are taking the 31 day writing challenge. Kate has suggested that we spend 31 days of Five minute writing. You can use the prompts or write about anything you would like, you just need to write.
I am sharing my journey for 31 days as I strive to become more like Him. My prayer is that you can find hope and peace in my words.


Titus 3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

START

When I was a child, I heard many cruel and awful things directed at me.  I decided long ago, that I would not call others names like that.  I learned that the things that are said, sometimes hurt much more than the things that are done to you.  The words live on in my head.  Sometimes, I hear them still when I am having a bad day.  I never wanted to do that to my own children.  But often, I haven't known what to say instead.  I have really struggled with how to handle anger and what to do when I have those feelings.
I have wondered what a faithful saying really sounds like.  And then I read this scripture the other day when I was thumbing through the Bible.  I love the idea that a faithful saying is something you affirm constantly.  It is not a sometimes thing.  It is not something that hurts those who are listening.  I also love that part of a faithful saying is really Good Works.  So often, I meet people who wonder where God is in their lives.  They don't believe or even try to believe.  They forget that part of faith is really doing something.  It is more than a belief.  It is action in it's purest form.  I think that is why faith comes one simple step at a time.  Each step brings us a little closer to God.  Each thing we think and say and do, matters.  Especially when it is uplifting.
I wonder as I read this if all the things I am doing could be affirmed constantly.  I am sure the answer to that would be "no".  So as I continue on this 31 day journey, I am seeking to do the things that I can be happy about.  Things for myself as well as things for others.  Things that are good.  I want to remember to watch the words that I say.  Often, it is not the words themselves that hurt, it is the tone I use when I am upset or angry.  I want to make the things I say mean something good to those whose hearts I might touch.

STOP

No comments:

Post a Comment