When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, October 30, 2014

Becoming Like Him - Day 30 - First

For my 31 days of writing, I am linking up over at Heading Home and over at the Nester. There are several of us that are taking the 31 day writing challenge. Kate has suggested that we spend 31 days of Five minute writing. You can use the prompts or write about anything you would like, you just need to write.



I am sharing my journey for 31 days as I strive to become more like Him. My prayer is that you can find hope and peace in my words.



Today the Prompt is:  
FIRST

START

For me, one of the ways that I strive to become most like Him is in my family life.  I make lots of mistakes, but I keep working on it and I love my family absolutely and unconditionally.  I don't get enough time with each of them, but I want them to know how much they mean to me as well as to their Heavenly Father.  
This is your very first day of being 16.  Happy birthday my sweet girl!  The very first time I saw you, I knew I loved you.  You opened your one pirate eye and looked right at me.  You melted my heart.  It filled right up with a love that never goes away, no matter what happens.  I want you to know that I will stand by your side and love you.  I will cherish you, sooth your hurts, and help you through your pain.  I know that it is hard to be in the middle.  And you are right in the middle of the final three girls.  You  have had to endure older siblings and a younger sister.  You have had to find your place in an already crowded world.  
The first time I heard you cry, I wanted to fix it.  But I couldn't.  You had a hard time adjusting to the busy place that we call home.  I carried you everywhere, until your dad got home.  From the first time he saw you, you became his.  He would take you outside and softly bounce you on the trampoline until you fell asleep in his arms.  
We were there for all your big firsts.  Your first smile was for daddy.  You first step was between our arms.  Your first soccer game and your first day of school.  We loved you through it all.  Suddenly, you are 16 and most definitely a young woman now.  You had your first permit and your first day of driving.  You are working on getting your first driver's license.  How did time fly so quickly?  You have had your first boyfriend and you are looking forward to your first date.  
I love your laugh.  I could listen to that all day long.  It makes me happy.  You might not be my first daughter, but you are loved as if you were.  You have a place in my heart that only is for you.  There is no competition in our family my sweet daughter, there is only love, and plenty of firsts for you to try.  

STOP

No comments:

Post a Comment