When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, October 3, 2014

Becoming Like Him - Day 3 - New

For my 31 days of writing, I am linking up over at Heading Home and over at the Nester.   There are several of us that are taking the 31 day writing challenge. Kate has suggested that we spend 31 days of Five minute writing.  You can use the prompts or write about anything you would like, you just need to write.
As I write about Becoming More Like Him, I will try and share my journey with you.  I have decided to read Proverbs during this journey.  I have read it before, but usually when I read the Bible, it is cover to cover, chapter by chapter and I usually feel like it is all or nothing.  So this time, I remember how wise Solomon was, and I want to read some of his wisdom and hope that I remember it in my own journey.
Today is Five minute Friday for real.  Remember that this is where we link up over at Heading Home and write for five minutes whether it is just right or not.  Don't forget to link up with the person ahead of you and share in their words too.




Today the prompt is:

NEW

START

Ezekiel 18:31  Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

I can not think of new without thinking of this scripture.  I have lived a life of sin.  Sometimes, (okay, always) everyday, sometimes every hour and even more often, it seems like every minute.  My thoughts don't run in the way I would like them too.  I am angry.  I am depressed.  I forget my blessings.  I have transgressed.  
I love this simple scripture.  It reminds me that we have all transgressed.  But, in spite of ourselves, we need to make a new heart and a new spirit.  Our Heavenly Father loves us so very much.  He has provided a way for us to return safely to Him.  We are human and we fail, but He is God and He will welcome us home.  
I also love the scripture in Isaiah that tells us though our sins be as scarlet, they can become white as snow.  I have never thought that He made a mistake with that description.  Red is nearly impossible to get out.  I will never forget the day that I washed a red shirt with my husband's underwear.  Needless to say, pink is NOT his color.  But he wore them.  I tried bleaching, I tried hanging them in the sun, I tried everything I could think of.  Those underwear were pink until they finally wore out.  
Isn't it wonderful that our sins aren't like that.  The Lord never said they would still be pink after they were red.  Our sins are washed in the blood of the lamb of God and they are white as snow.  
We can have a new heart and a new spirit.  We can be made whole once again.  
We have been blessed with a God who gives us unconditional love.  He is not waiting for us to be perfect, He is only waiting for us to turn to Him.

STOP

Now it is your turn.  What can you write in your own short five minutes?

5 comments:

  1. I love the thought on a new heart and a new spirit. We are so blessed with the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I love the thought of being clean and while as snow. This was a lovely 5 minutes.
    I wish I had the time to try doing a post for 31 days; but I am lucky to do one a week.
    Blessings for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commend you for doing the whole of October. I could not do that! I love the scripture from Isaiah especially. His life was such a blessing to the generations to come, because he taught us to be fearless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really spoke to me and I needed it. Thank you. I loved your pink analogy--that God doesn't turn our sins from red to pink but to snowy white! :>) Thanks for stopping by my place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your words are uplifting. Thanks much for your post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never thought about the beauty of the word, new. It reminds of the short phrase, "Begin again." Both suggest I can have that clean slate--over and over again.

    ReplyDelete