When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, October 2, 2014

Becoming like Him - Day 2 View

For my 31 days of writing, I am linking up over at Heading Home and over at the Nester. There are several of us that are taking the 31 day writing challenge. Kate has suggested that we spend 31 days of Five minute writing.  You can use the prompts or write about anything you would like, you just need to write.
As I write about Becoming More Like Him, I will try and share my journey with you.  I have decided to read Proverbs during this journey.  I have read it before, but usually when I read the Bible, it is cover to cover, chapter by chapter and I usually feel like it is all or nothing.  So this time, I remember how wise Solomon was, and I want to read some of his wisdom and hope that I remember it in my own journey.  
Today the prompt is:


VIEW

START

I often wonder what the Lord must view when He looks at me.  Depending on my state of mind, I wonder if, when He sees me, He sees my sins, my pain, and my lack of dependance on Him.  I wonder if He sees what I am right now, with all that I lack.  Or, I wonder if He sees the potential that is hiding within.  
I am not the same person that I used to be.  
I grew up abused and very much alone.  Then I discovered God, or rather, He let me know that HE knew me.  He was there when I needed Him most and like the story of the loaves and the fishes, I discovered that what He had for me was enough.  I think maybe the Lord makes whatever I am right now enough, then He helps me to become exactly who He needs me to be.  
I am pretty sure that His view of me is the only one that matters.  It has changed over the years as I have learned and grown and worked hard to remember Him.  As I start to believe that His view is becoming good, I realize that my own view of myself is changing too.  If I can believe that God views my good, it becomes possible to see a little of it myself.  
One of my favorite apostles is Peter.  He was a simple fisherman.  He mending the nets and cast them in the water and made a meager living along the shores of the sea.  I love How Jesus stepped into His boat and invited Peter back in with his mended nets and told him to go out to the deep.  I love how the Savior asked him to casts his nets over the edge and so many fish came that the nets started to break and Peter had to ask another boat to come help them.  They hauled in net after net of fish.  So many that the boats actually started to sink.  They were sinking with blessings from God.
Sometimes, my own blessings come discussed as fish and I am not sure that they are really blessings at all.  It feels like my nets are breaking and my boat is sinking and for a moment, I forget that the blessings are overwhelming.  Then I change my view and see HIS hand in the work and that I am surrounded with His goodness.  It is about the way I see the view.

STOP

1 comment:

  1. I think this was a great post using the prompt View. I read a book a while ago entitled: "Defined by Christ". This author also wrote a 2nd book entitled: "Refined by Christ".
    What you wrote is exactly some of the thought she wrote about. We should just care about how the Lord views us not how others do.
    Blessings for these thoughts!

    ReplyDelete