When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, August 28, 2014

Your Story


I love this quote.  My story has been a hard one for me.  But I am learning, that no matter what you endure in your life, it will be hard for you.  Somehow, there is not such things as small or large trials. They are all trials for a reason.  It is only as we live through them that we can quantify them ourselves.  No one else has the right to do that.  
Learning to talk about them, well that is a whole different matter.  There are things in my life that I never imagined talking about.  I kept them inside for years.  I did not share.  I did not express.  I did not even knowingly get angry about them.  I have learned that part of letting go and moving on is learning to talk about my own story.  I can choose to leave parts out, but talking about it to others gives them a different experience.  Especially when they can see that those things did not cause me to make bad choices.  
I believe that there comes a time in all of our lives when we have to quit blaming the past for all the wrongs in the present.  There comes a time when we have to accept responsibility for the right to choose our own way.  That is hard to do.  It is so much easier to blame someone else for our own failings.  
I agree, bad things happen to us sometimes.  Terrible things happen to us sometimes.  But it is a choice to let it go.  It is my choice to move on.  I have seen the terrible damage that hate can do to a family, a life, a friend.  I have seen what anger destroys.  I have lived in my past before and I choose to not do it again.  I want the ending of my own story to be so much better than the beginning of it.  
The past, mine or yours, never needs to become your future.  We just need to talk about it, pull it out of the darkness and into the healing of the light, and let it go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment