When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Monday, August 18, 2014

Memoir Monday - What you can't live without

Today is Monday and I am starting a link up again.  The rules are simple.
1.  Just write, a sentence or a paragraph or a story.  It is up to you.
2.  Answer the prompt
3.  Read what someone else has written and comment.
Thats it, so let's start writing.  


Name three things you just couldn't live without and explain why.
1)  God
2)  My Family
3)  The Scriptures


I think I take a very spritiual view of this question.  
The first answer is God.  This is because I do not believe that I would even have a life without Him.  I want Him to be the focus of my life, no matter what happens to me, without God and His influence, I am nothing.  My purpose is gone.  It is what I try so hard to share in my writing.  How much I believe.  What faith means to me.  There is nothing left if I don't have God.  He has given me every single thing that I have.  A home, food to eat, clothes to wear, and blessings in abundance.  There are still trials, there are struggles, there are setbacks; but without God to help me through it, there is no meaning and purpose.  I believe that in a way I cannot understand, all these things will be made right.  
The second thing that I can't live without is my family.  Since I believe that families are eternal, they are essential for me.  I love my family.  I love them in spite of their mistakes and their accomplishments.  I love them no matter their choices, although I often wish they would have listened to the lessons that I taught them.  I am pretty sure that our Heavenly Father must often feel the same way about me and my choices.  I am never happier than when I am around my family.  They keep me healthy and sane!  They bring me joy and love.  They are my retreat in a world that is full of anger and sin.  I love every single one of them.  
The third thing that I can't live without is the scriptures.  They are the things that help to keep me on the right path.  They answer my prayers and help me to think and learn.  I love to read, and if all I had to read were the scriptures, than that would be enough.  I could learn and grow and draw closer to God by the writings from the prophets.  I could feel the presence of the Holy Ghost and be reminded of those things which are so very important.  Every time I read, I find things that I didn't see before.  My eyes are opened and I learn.  

Now it is your turn.  Don't forget to link back up here with your own story.

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading your thoughts on this one. Amen to it all! Right now I have my daughter and her family here or I would take the challenge and write my thoughts. I did enjoy yours.
    Blessings and hugs for this one~

    ReplyDelete